Fancy a go at making your own home made chips?
Keep Harvey Heart healthy and happy by reducing the amount of salt in your diet.
You will need:
Vegetables - Beetroot, Parsnip, Turnip, Carrots, Potatoes, Sweet Potatoes, Swede
1-2 dessertspoons of light olive oil
Cayenne Pepper, Paprica, Cumin or Tumeric
1. Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 1.
2. Peel vegetables and slice thinly (we suggest using a cheese slice).
3. Rub olive oil over a baking dish and add the sliced vegetables. Make sure that they have a light covering of oil.
4. Place the dish in the oven and cook for 30-40 minutes, turning half way.
5. Remove the dish from the oven and drain the crisps. Carefully as they will be hot!
6. Dab the crisps on kitchen paper and add Cayenne Pepper, Paprica, Cumin or Tumeric to taste! (No need to add salt)